PDA

View Full Version : Green star polyps?

HUNTER1
01/20/2013, 11:23 AM
I have few patches of GSP but one of them hasn't opened up in days but everything in the tank is fine. I do 20% water change weekly but this week I can't coz I just had back surgery. I'm thinking its dead now but hoping it will bounce back. Any reason why it would do that? thanks

thebkramer
01/20/2013, 11:31 AM
they tend to do that sometimes. I wouldn't worry too much about them. if they were dead the mat would also deteriorate. but just incase... what are your water params? how long have you had them? where in tank are they? lighting?

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Guss
01/20/2013, 11:33 AM
I had one doing this. It ened up being a bristleworm living under the mat. I pulled it off the rock bristleworm took off, reattaed it to some oyster shells with rubberbands. Now I have some frags to trade.

Sk8r
01/20/2013, 11:42 AM
Hit my water parameters and you'll be peeling it off your glass with a razor blade. I suspect your alkalinity.

HUNTER1
01/20/2013, 12:32 PM
I have 40g with couple of sps Lps zoas and mushrooms, not too many and few patches of GSP that are doing well except this one. Tank is 4 months old with just two fish sixline and starry blenny. The GSPs don't even close up even lights out and the one in question starting to spread but last couple of days, it stays close. I'm hoping to be able to do small water change next week but right now, oh man!! Back surgery is a pain!!
Two weeks ago water tested:
Cal 420
Mag 13-1400
Alk 12
Ph 8.0
Temp 78
4x39w aquatic life fixture

ct103
01/20/2013, 05:30 PM
Mine have stayed closed for as long as a week. They tend to go through stages of rapid growth then slow to periods of nearly no growth then take off again. I wouldn't worry unless they appear to atrophy.

HUNTER1
01/20/2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah I'll just let it be. I can cut from the other patches if I need to.