PDA

View Full Version : Refugium Help

MandarinGirl
01/20/2013, 08:12 PM
For my 75 gallon tank I'm setting up a HOB Refugium. I got one that was made by reef octopus. Unfortunatly if you look up pictures the water flows into a little box and out of a pipe but the pump connected keeps pumping more water into the fugue then comes out. If I plug it in I have around 30 sec. Till it will over flow.
I could really use some help because that thing was around $200 and it would be nice if it worked.

Carey1465
01/21/2013, 12:42 AM
So the pump is pumping more water into the fuge than it can handle and then it will overflow in 30 secs? If thats the problem, I would check to see if something is stuck in the drain pipe. Possibly a piece of chaeto? If all else fails, call coralvue and tell them whats happening and Im sure they would glad to help you out. Heres their number: 1-985-781-9078

MandarinGirl
01/24/2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks but there is nothing in the fuge besides live sand right now. i dumped in the live sand and plugged it in and you know.......

Krazy
01/25/2013, 05:18 AM
maybe air in the line needs to be primed out ?

I dunno, you could always hook up a smaller pump I suppose ??

I'd call customer service, I mean u did buy the product and they should help you...

Stuff isnt cheap anymore, I'd except superior service!

MandarinGirl
01/25/2013, 05:50 PM
I dont know what you mean by air in the tube line that needs to primed out. Like an air bubble in the pipe? Well i cant look at it cause its on the back of my tank and i cant stick my hand in there to see if its jamed with out flooding it so........

MandarinGirl
01/28/2013, 10:13 AM
Okay I took the whole thing apart and put the pipes back together and that seemed to work. Thank you for your inputs!