PDA

View Full Version : Programming Help Please - LEDs

wurking_girl
01/21/2013, 09:34 PM
I have an Apex Aqua Controller running my Sfiligoi Genesis LEDs. I am having a terrible time getting my Apex settings right for controlling my dimmable LEDs. I’ve been through this thread trying to find some solutions but despite many efforts to tweak, it’s still not working right. I’m going to share the situation in some detail in hopes that someone can identify where I’m going wrong. Please bear with me…I am really a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

I have four colors of LEDs: White, Blue, Red and Green. I’m running what is basically a 10 AM to 9:30 PM schedule, with part of that being sunrise and sunset. I’m also trying to use the blues to do a moonlight setting. Nothing fancy – same program 7 days a week, but a I am running the lights at less than full intensity as my tank is newly cycled (and they are SUPER bright at full intensity!).

I know that every little letter in a program makes a difference, as does the order of the commands. The weird thing is that some aspects of the program work for each color lights (as indicated below), so I know the lights are working and the controller is working – so, the problem must be in my programming. BTW, temp in the tank is running pretty steadily at about 78.8 (+/- 0.2) so it’s not an override by the temp command. I can’t swear that when the lights are working the intensities are as programmed, but it does seem that they do come up gradually and go down gradually.

Any suggestions are very welcome…and if you need more info, please let me know. Note that I do NOT have the VDM; just trying to use the programming power internal to the Aqua Controller. Could that be my problem?? I’m getting extremely frustrated with this.

THANKS!

My Outlets are configured and programmed as follows. They are all set to run on AUTO.
• Blue Lights (B_Var1)
o Fallback ON
o Set OFF
o If Time 10:20 to 20:00 Then RampUp75 (WORKING)
o If Time 20:00 to 21:00 Then RampDn75 (NOT WORKING)
o If Time 21:30 to 23:30 Then Moon (NOT WORKING)
o If Temp > 82.00 Then OFF

• White Lights (B_Var2)
o Fallback ON
o Set OFF
o If Time 11:00 to 19:00 Then RampUp50 (WORKING)
o If Time 19:00 to 20:00 Then RampDn50 (WORKING)

• Green Lights (B_Var3) – Sunrise/Sunset only
o Fallback ON
o Set OFF
o If Time 10:05 to 10:30 Then RampUp_F (WORKING)
o If Time 10:30 to 10:45 Then RampDn_F (WORKING)
o If Time 20:30 to 21:15 Then RampUp_F (NOT WORKING)
o If Time 21:15 to 21:30 Then RampDn_F (NOT WORKING)

• Red Lights (B_Var4) – Sunrise/Sunset only
o Fallback ON
o Set OFF
o If Time 10:00 to 10:30 Then RampUp_F (WORKING)
o If Time 10:30 to 10:45 Then RampDn_F (WORKING)
o If Time 20:30 to 21:20 Then RampUp_F (NOT WORKING)
o If Time 21:20 to 21:35 Then RampDn_F (NOT WORKING)

The various Profile settings are as follows:
• RampUp75
o Ramp Time: 060
o Start Int: 000
o End Int: 075

• RampDn75
o Start Int: 075
o End Int: 000

• RampUp50
o End Int: 050

• RampDn50
o Start Int: 050

• RampUp_F
o Ramp Time: 015
o End Int: 075

• RampDn_F
o Ramp Time: 015
o Start Int: 075

• Moon
o Ramp Time: 001
o End Int: 005

RussM
01/22/2013, 08:12 AM
The VarSpd outlets in the Apex base unit and those in the VDM are the same, so that's not an issue.

I don't see anything really wrong with your programming - there are several opportunities for improvement, but nothing flat out wrong, and it should be working.

What exactly is not working? Nothing happens at those times, or the lights are doing something but not what you want, or what?

wurking_girl
01/22/2013, 09:09 AM
White Lights: Seem to be working as scheduled.

Blue Lights: They come on as scheduled and run thru the day, but when they are supposed to ramp down for an hour from 8 PM to 9 PM, they simply shut off at 8. They do not come back on at all when they are scheduled to come on as 'moonlight'.

Red and Green Lights: They come on and go off as scheduled in the morning, but they don't come on at all in the evening for 'sunset'.

Very strange... Any thoughts or tweaks would be appreciated!

wurking_girl
01/24/2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks - after a little more exploring I finally got this working... Timing on one of the outlets was off by two hours. Grrr... Anyway, working like a charm now and I am really getting familiar with programming on this Aqua Controller! :-)