PDA

View Full Version : Hoe much cuc?

Steelerfan101
01/23/2013, 06:12 PM
So I have been wanting to get a nice clean u pcrew for my 29 gallon reef. First ill tell you what I got. Live rock, chaeto, slim skim nano skimmer, brs biopellets and reactor, and I have 1 six line wrasse and 1 percula. I am planning on getting another percula and a firefish. Along with cuc. i went on reef cleaners and they have free shipping so im like hell yeah. Which cuc should i go with. The 30 gallon one has 28 dwarf ceriths, 11 nassarius, 12 florida ceriths, and 6 large and 5 small to med nerites. I feel like that is a lot! So, what i am asking is which package woyld be the best for me? Heres the link.
http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=95

Antonbarron
01/24/2013, 02:23 AM
If you have some live rock in your tank it should be fin, those dwarf ceriths stay pretty small. The one thing I might worry about is the nassarias snails, they do a good job cleaning the sand but i have seen mine eat some small hermits and a small goby once when it was a bit sick. But if you have enough sand they should be fine.

Antonbarron
01/24/2013, 02:25 AM
As for the cucumber I have no experience with them.

rssjsb
01/24/2013, 10:41 AM
That's way too much for a 29 gallon tank, in my opinion. I wouldn't put more than 10-12 certiths and maybe one or two nassarius snails.

Assuming you're using "cuc" as a short way of saying "cleanup crew" and not a cucumber. I wouldn't put a cucumber in that tank either.

Finally, even though you didn't ask, I will say you're going to have problems adding any other fish in a small tank with a sixline already resident there. You should skip the firefish - it's likely to take a beating from the wrasse.

Antonbarron
01/24/2013, 03:38 PM
Yea, I didn't catch on to the cuc thing.