PDA

View Full Version : Dispar anthias

badbrady06
01/24/2013, 09:30 PM
I would like to add a group of maybe five anthias to my tank. I'm still debating lyretail but they get a little larger than I would like and I've heard they're pretty aggresive towards each other. From what I understand dispar stay a little smaller and get along better. Problem is the pictures I see online. Are they as brightly colored as some of the pictures or as dull as some. Please fill me in and post pictures if possible.

Laddy
01/24/2013, 09:37 PM
Condition of the fish have a lot to do with color.......they need a varied diet, with plenty of helpings per day.

badbrady06
01/24/2013, 09:58 PM
I feed my current fish nls pellets, formula 1&2 pellets and flakes, ON frozen combo, chopped up krill, and mysis. I change it up between those of course but feed two or three times daily. I could probably handle four feedings a day. Would that be sufficient?

Reefnub
01/24/2013, 10:07 PM
I feed my current fish nls pellets, formula 1&2 pellets and flakes, ON frozen combo, chopped up krill, and mysis. I change it up between those of course but feed two or three times daily. I could probably handle four feedings a day. Would that be sufficient?

More than enough, 3 will be perfect. You have a good mixture of food, they will be fine. Here are my Dispars when I had them, the 2 smaller ones are Dispars. The bigger ones are Ignitus. Dispars are more orange while Ignitus are more pinkish but they look pretty similar.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/Deadon3/IMG_0442.jpg

badbrady06
01/25/2013, 01:31 AM
Reefnub are those females dispar?