PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent help with this clown.

jorda9095
01/25/2013, 10:46 AM
I've had a maroon clown for about 7 months now and its about two inches. I just got another smaller one that's about one inch on Tuesday. They kept fighting with each other and the small one just hides behind one of the drains all day. Today the small one just lays on the bottom of the aquarium and I haven't got him to eat anything yet. I put him a net so I could get him to eat but he's just laying on the bottom of that too. What can I do to help him? I think he is going to die soon.

Reef*freak
01/25/2013, 11:20 AM
Did u quarantine the fish ??

jorda9095
01/25/2013, 11:22 AM
No I don't have a qt tank and acclimated him like I do with all my other fish. He was in a very small tank at the fish store though. Probably 6 inches by 6 inches.

Kwmjones
01/25/2013, 11:23 AM
I'm battling with the same thing now - he might be done for at this stage with the stress from the big one - I took a clear plastic Tupperware container the width of my tank, drilled about 60 small holes in it and kept the small one in there for a week or so, then swapped them but the big one is still heading after the small one when he swims by. Going to give him another week in there then move the rocks around and see if it works - not an easy thing to get two maroons to like each other

vansk8r
01/25/2013, 11:36 AM
Are they a paired couple?Like can you tell if they are male and female?
Usually the male has sideburns and the female does not.

jorda9095
01/25/2013, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty sure my large one that I have had for 6 months is the female and the new one is a juvenile male. They're not paired, this was my attempt at pairing them up. Here's a video of their behavior last night. At that point the new one wasn't constantly on the floor
<embed src='http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8752/te8ppxhecziettorijnbor.mp4'>

jorda9095
01/25/2013, 11:06 PM
He died tonight....