PDA

View Full Version : is my t5 fixture good enough to keep clams?

Ebutler14
01/25/2013, 05:44 PM
i got an 8 bulb t5 fixture made by current i believe. is this enough light to house clams and other corals like hammers. brains. ect. tank is a 9o that is 24 inches deep. what bulbs be recommended. was going to get a mh t5 combo but ppl are charging redonkulous prices. and the site. aquatraders.com. has been jerking me around. site wasnt up2 date. now they seem to have forgotten how to rufund my money. didnt take them this long to charge me. anyways. it made me rethink about keeping the 8 bulb t5. educate me plz

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

rtparty
01/25/2013, 07:11 PM
i got an 8 bulb t5 fixture made by current i believe. is this enough light to house clams and other corals like hammers. brains. ect. tank is a 9o that is 24 inches deep. what bulbs be recommended. was going to get a mh t5 combo but ppl are charging redonkulous prices. and the site. aquatraders.com. has been jerking me around. site wasnt up2 date. now they seem to have forgotten how to rufund my money. didnt take them this long to charge me. anyways. it made me rethink about keeping the 8 bulb t5. educate me plz

In the top half, sure. I wouldn't put a clam on the sand though. Current fixtures aren't the greatest for penetrating 24" of water.

For bulbs I would run 4 blue plus, 1 actinic, 2 coral plus and 1 purple plus.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

cap032
01/25/2013, 07:18 PM
Ive kept a brain and a hammer near the bottom of a 75 for the past 2 years with a 4 bulb T5 aquatic life fixture. The hammer has gone from 3 heads to 14 (at last check) in that time. For those, I would assume you will be fine.

reeferlover
01/25/2013, 09:10 PM
does it have individual reflectors

Ebutler14
01/25/2013, 10:27 PM
na its one reflector. and the bulbs are split on 2 circuits. i guess it would be 432 w of light. has nite leds also.

Ebutler14
01/25/2013, 10:33 PM
does anyone have pics of a t5 tank

sucker_fish
01/25/2013, 11:04 PM
As you have already figured out aqua traders customer service is almost non existent. I wouldn't put that fixture on a 90, if you do then keep the more light demanding stuff in the top half. I would keep clams in the top 10 inches or so on a rock.