PDA

View Full Version : new to nanos!

robs.mark
01/25/2013, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, my name is mark, and ill be building a nano over the next few weeks to superseed my current 187g.

Ill give you a little background story, ive been keeping reefs for about 5 years now, and over the past couple of years, like most reefers, have developed a taste for sps. My wife and i live in a small coastel suburb in western australia and our 187g is built into the wall of out entry hall. At the end of the year we are hoping to buy an old ocean front house to renovate so the tank has to come out of the wall so i can get it all patched up.

So far i have emptied the tank out, sold the rock and corals and put what ever fish and frags i wanted to keep in a temp tank ive set up. i have ordered a new tank and its currently being built, im hoping to have it within the next 2 weeks.

Ive always admired nano tanks, and with the added bonus of easy mobility i thought id use this oppertunity to set one up! it will reside on my bedside table, and will be mostly sps along with my fungia collection and a few other lps and zoas.

here is a few of the items i have currently bought;

tank - rimless 24"x 16" x 14" ( water level of 12 1/2") black silicone, polished edges, made from 10mm glass with an external wier. about 24g.

sump - 19"x 14"x 12"

lighting - maxspect g1 160w

flow - mp10w es

skimmer - skimz sh2

return - sicce 250gph

heating - hydor theo 100w

additives - bubble magus dosing pump - randys cal alk mag

controller - ghl profilux controlling moonlighting, ph and temp probes with 4 bank cooling fans

I'll get some pics up as soon as the tank arrives..