PDA

View Full Version : DIMCAB2-2Channel Dimming Cable

Kroghs
01/26/2013, 11:22 AM
Can anyone help? I have set up my Ecoxotic Panorama Pro modules to the Meanwell drivers and made the connection to my Apex Aqua Controller. I am using SW version 4.20_CA12. There is power to the EB8 outlets yet none of the lights are going on. I have 3 sets of 3 Panorama Pro LED Modules and all the proper splitters. The connection between the Meanwell and the Apex Controller is with a very fragile wire connecting to an orange connecter. I am concerned that the fragile wire might not be connecting properly as I have to insert it into the orange connecter, and this is difficult. Was thinking about cutting the connector and bypassing it by hardwiring the two points. Any advice?

I have re-booted my Apex Controller yet nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

worm5406
01/26/2013, 10:11 PM
I am getting ready to do the same.. but I have a AIC controller from steveleds ... it converts to the 1-10v.

I was told to test it, apply a 9volt (or a 3 volt) to those two wires going into the meanwell) This simulates the controller calling for lights.

This should light up.

If that is correct the wiring is correct to the leds and the drivers.

But I do not know all the parts you have so I am leary to tell you what I did.

Kroghs
01/27/2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I have given up. I am going to get an Acan lighting system with its own controller and maybe someday connect it to my Apex. Between the poor customer support from Neptune and monkeying with all those delicate connections with the Ecoxotic retrofit system there is simply too much chance for error. I have already been without lights all weekend because for some reason, unknown to me, my Ecoxotic transformers are only working intermittently. Had an electrician friend look at the whole thing and he was "scratching his head," also. I hope the Acan self contained system solves my problems.