PDA

View Full Version : frozen chaeto

philip mendes
01/26/2013, 09:24 PM
ok ,i received some chaeto through the mail and it was a little frosty when i got it... has anyone ever had the same situation? mine seems to be ok so far.

tektite
01/27/2013, 09:19 AM
If it was frozen it will fall apart in a few days, no way it can survive freezing.

philip mendes
01/27/2013, 02:01 PM
I received my chaeto 3 days ago -- it was a little icy, but not frozen to the point where it was like a big solid block or anything. I put it into my sump with a regular clip on light over it, and it is still bright green and is holding together in a ball. It hasn't turned white or anything and isn't falling apart at all. Am I free and clear, or do I still need to worry about it dying?

mt4sure
02/04/2013, 04:48 PM
I've had chaeto delivered to me somewhat icy and it thrived well enough after it warmed up to my sump. I usually put it into a small container when I receive it and add some sump water to it and let it hang in the sump for a bit to make sure that its not gonna go crumbling on me (had that before, cleaning it out of sump is not fun). Once it has some time to cozy up to my sump it grows like crazy.