PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the Radion Pro?

mooch1982
01/30/2013, 12:38 PM
Hey everyone,

So i currently own the first generation of Radions. I feel like the G1 is missing the UV spectrum or more accurately the 405-420nm range for optimal SPS coloration.

The Pros have been out for over two weeks now, but I have not see any reviews? Does anyone that owns a Radion Pro have any opinions on sps color response, overal appearance, etc???

I am looking to upgrade when it becomes avaialable, but would love to hear some opinions or even see some pics.

Thanks guys.

nanoreefer1000
01/30/2013, 05:21 PM
1. TV not UV
IMO they're overpriced, but the spectrum is better/wider. And they added 10 more Leds, but I wouldn't get one.

led stony
01/30/2013, 05:26 PM
Not much diffrent then first poor design. Had to sell them to get color back on sps tank. Stick with t5 or halide for main light you can supplement halide with some blue or 50/50 leds. Call reef bright if you dont believe me they will even tell you that led wont work for sps for main lighting. And they sell leds and halide and t5.

mooch1982
01/30/2013, 05:29 PM
Thank for your input, but i'm looking for opinions from people who actually own one.

Plus, I have read multiple threads on how the 400-420 nm range of light improved coral colors, so I would gladly pay the $300 for the upgrade option if people had the same experience with the pro.

mooch1982
01/30/2013, 05:33 PM
Not much diffrent then first poor design. Had to sell them to get color back on sps tank. Stick with t5 or halide for main light you can supplement halide with some blue or 50/50 leds. Call reef bright if you dont believe me they will even tell you that led wont work for sps for main lighting. And they sell leds and halide and t5.

Poor design? Not so sure about that.

As for LEDs not working on SPS tanks, I have to disagree. I have seen my fair share of tanks that had phenomenal color with LED lighting, mind you DIY with UV or rather 400-420 nm range included. So not so sure your statement is true, but their is "some" truth to it....

mikeatjac
01/30/2013, 05:40 PM
I have seen one and got to play with it. I really liked the Pro and will be upgrading too.

mooch1982
01/30/2013, 05:44 PM
I have seen one and got to play with it. I really liked the Pro and will be upgrading too.

Was it over someone tank?

How was the sps coloration?

mikeatjac
01/30/2013, 05:51 PM
Was it over someone tank?

How was the sps coloration?

Yes it was over an SPS tank and the corals looked great. He has had it for only one week.

bhazard451
01/31/2013, 10:12 AM
I have it over my tank. It is a definite improvement over Gen1, and the violets are essential, but in no way is the light worth $900.

Search for "radion pro vs reefbreeders" that I posted, and you can see why, with pics. Basically a good chinese made light has the same PAR, better spectrum choices, and covers more area, for half the price.