PDA

View Full Version : Stablized--fish and inverts ok (hopefully)

sliggy382
01/30/2013, 02:41 PM
Hi guys,
I think all of the fish which were going to die, died. Also, all of the inverts which were going to, also died.

I bought a new NH3 test, and it did detect a small amt in the water. I did a water change and added a power head to circulate some O2 in the water. Will the O2 help with the NH3, nitrite and nitrate problems?

smtank
01/30/2013, 03:11 PM
How old is the tank?

What are the specific values for the parameters?

Were these new introductions to a cycling tank or an established tank?

sliggy382
01/30/2013, 03:14 PM
Oops, I probably should have given a link to my last few posts. The advice helped!
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2257318

smtank
01/30/2013, 04:02 PM
All I can add is that your tank is way too young to add so much at 6 weeks, sounds like more like new tank syndrome. I doubt disease is responsible.

You should probably post in the thread you already created to establish some consistency in responses.

Sounds like you know you added too much, too soon. I find it unlikely that with demise of your inverts you would not have any detectable ammonia, nitrites or nitrates.

sliggy382
01/30/2013, 04:19 PM
All I can add is that your tank is way too young to add so much at 6 weeks, sounds like more like new tank syndrome. I doubt disease is responsible.

You should probably post in the thread you already created to establish some consistency in responses.

Sounds like you know you added too much, too soon. I find it unlikely that with demise of your inverts you would not have any detectable ammonia, nitrites or nitrates.

I suppose my other test was old or something, it kept registering zero. Will the little bubbles of air from the power head help with ammonia, nitrite or nitrate?

Slystone
01/30/2013, 08:34 PM
Glad to hear you are making progress. Make another water change again in four days or so. Do you have an ammonia alert badge?

sliggy382
01/31/2013, 05:42 AM
Glad to hear you are making progress. Make another water change again in four days or so. Do you have an ammonia alert badge?

I don't have an ammonia alert badge. I have read those don't really work.

Slystone
01/31/2013, 09:00 AM
I read here they did....saved my QT tank!