PDA

View Full Version : Drews doser vs. BRS doser vs. Brand C Doser

kbriers
01/30/2013, 08:35 PM
I was wondering what the opinions are on Drews dosing pump vs. the BRS brand dosing pump. I've heard both are well made, but I was wondering what the pros and cons were for each.

I was also wondering if there was enough of a quality difference to justify the price difference?

If you would recommend another type, please let me know too.

Thanks

celamb89
01/30/2013, 08:38 PM
I use the marine magic doser its china made and shipped but its cheap and good... been using it for a year i think...

kbriers
01/30/2013, 10:38 PM
Do you use the single pumps or the 3 pump model?

celamb89
02/01/2013, 08:31 PM
I have the 3 pump model but I would guess other models are just as good!

cklayko
02/01/2013, 09:45 PM
I luv my bubble magus. It's been very reliable and super easy to program

rldcpa
02/02/2013, 04:14 PM
I have Bubble Magus which has a 3 pump system. It is easy to program or update programs and can allocate the dose over 24 hours per day.

cnguyenl
02/02/2013, 10:31 PM
Never had any problems with my BRS dosing pumps! A+++

MentalNote
02/02/2013, 10:38 PM
My 2 BRS doser has been set and forget for over 3 years. I now have 3 with no issue.

The big question is how many dosers do you need? If you need multiple you may want to go with a BM or a profilux setup as they have a controller to go with them. The BRS dosers will need at the very least a timer which adds to the cost.

PSU REEFER
02/02/2013, 10:40 PM
Have had my Drew's for 4+ yrs and never an issue. Won't think twice about getting another one!

Palting
02/02/2013, 11:51 PM
I looked into dosers almost 2 years ago. You have to get 2 or 3 of the BRS pumps, and they have to have a controller. Either a cheap timer or an expensive controller like RKL. The costs add up. I looked at the Bubble Magus. The only negative thing I've read about them is that the heads do wear out with time, or that the rubber tubes where the rollers run can wear out. However, this can happen with any roller pump, and the BM has the advantage in that they do sell replacement parts for the head and the tubing. I bought the Bubble Magus. It is simple to program, has been running for 2 years now. If all you want is to get an excellent reliable doser, I highly recommend the Bubble Magus.