PDA

View Full Version : dual rvoc with 2 ro/di units

bnumair
02/02/2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Kevin
i got my 2nd rvoc in today and i noticed its smaller and doesnt have the swivel input and outputs anymore and also it runs on 12 volt rather 110v like i have the previous one.
well anyways my question is i already have a ro/di unit hooked to my orginal 1st rvoc plugged into the storm system via 50ft long electric extention cord.
storm and ro/di unit are about 35ft apart.
now i added a second ro/di unit and a 2nd rvoc i just got today.
my concern is can i plug both rvoc on same storm outlet with a splitter?
thanks for your help.

GenesisReefSys
02/02/2013, 07:52 AM
Hi bnumair,

Yes, the ROCv™ you received is our updated version that operates on 12VDC instead of 110VAC, which eliminates the AC "hum," or vibration due to oscillation, that could be heard particularly when the older ROCv™ was mounted on thin or hollow substrates.

We eliminated the swivel fittings because they actually added complexity to many installations - instead of a straight run of tubing with the ROCv™ simply installed inline, the swivel fittings' inclusion required the tubes to enter and exit from the top or bottom of the unit; straight tubing runs were impossible unless the ROCv™ was mounted sideways (which was okay, but visually cluttering).

You can certainly control both use both ROCv™ units from the same STORM™ auxiliary outlet by using an adapter with dual outlets - but both ROCv™ units will open and close at the same time based on a single set of level sensors. If this is what you hope to accomplish there is not problem with doing this. There is no way to have the ROCv™ operate independently of each other if plugged into the same outlet though.

Please be careful with your extension cords! Of course they're fine to use with care, I just always cringe when I see them lying on the floor in wet areas or potentially wet areas. To protect yourself, please always try to keep the connection points as high as possible and affix them to the wall so they cannot fall into wet areas or bodies of water.

Have a great day,
Kevin

bnumair
02/02/2013, 08:09 AM
thanks for the clarification and yes my setup is pretty safe i have the extension cords and water line hung on the wall. here's a pic just for what its worth,

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/bnumair/DSC_0017-3-1_zpse6df363a.jpg

GenesisReefSys
02/02/2013, 08:15 AM
WOW! :eek2:

Great setup!

bnumair
02/02/2013, 08:24 AM
lol thanks

NH Fish
02/03/2013, 11:11 AM
Hey Bnumair Why do you need 2 rodi units? R u using that much water?

bnumair
02/04/2013, 08:42 AM
yes i have 2 ro/di units.. problem is i have a 25gal ro/di storage/ato while 50gal saltwater mix barrel. i had some issues and was doing 50gal water change every other day and with only 25gal storage i cant keep up with water change, so i doubled the water produced.
on regular days 25gal last 1 week on evaporation only.

NH Fish
02/04/2013, 10:15 AM
yes i have 2 ro/di units.. problem is i have a 25gal ro/di storage/ato while 50gal saltwater mix barrel. i had some issues and was doing 50gal water change every other day and with only 25gal storage i cant keep up with water change, so i doubled the water produced.
on regular days 25gal last 1 week on evaporation only.

Ahh I see, makes sense. I just figured with a syseem your size, you had a larger fw storage. I have a large system too and sometime 50 gal fw isnt enough. I love the genesis system though. I works great.

bnumair
02/05/2013, 09:28 PM
for what its worth, Kevin u should use these pics to promote ur excellent product.
i finally got my 2nd rvoc and ro/di unit and hooked them all up. works like a charm.
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/bnumair/20130205_205306_zps4317d39f.jpg

GenesisReefSys
02/06/2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks, bnumair - I may do that!

Keep up the good work!