PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 125gal Do Over

yachtdr22
02/06/2013, 02:58 PM
I have had a 125 mixed reef up for over a year.
I have dealt with Ich (14 weeks fallow)
I now have a Green Hair Algae outbreak that I have been trying to work through the last 8 weeks. I have read, read and read more. my water is perfect. I am using this opportunity to aquascape better and rework my equipment / refuguium as to prevent this and make tank care easier.

My current equipment is listed below.

I plan on replacing all of the live rock. I am looking for ideas for the new rock work. I am wondering if it should have a sand bed ?

I would like to rework the refug. as to provide a happy place for algae to grow?

Thanks in advance for the input...

Drew

dave sullivan
02/06/2013, 03:52 PM
I think you need a RO/DI unit. Mix the H2O with Kalkwasser for evaporation and hopefully your green stuff will go away. Hair algae comes when you have to much nutrients in the H2O. Have a great day!

dave sullivan
02/06/2013, 03:54 PM
One more thing Drew. You might take out your rock and scrub them but remember to rinse with salt H2O instead of fresh. Hope its helps!

yachtdr22
02/06/2013, 10:54 PM
I think you need a RO/DI unit. Mix the H2O with Kalkwasser for evaporation and hopefully your green stuff will go away. Hair algae comes when you have to much nutrients in the H2O. Have a great day!

Thanks for the reply...
Already run a 6 stage BRS RO/DI..
I use a Ca Reactor, Carbon and GFO....
How will Kalk. help with the GHA?

I think I have nutrients leaching from my live rock so I am going to rerock and scape the tank.
I want to make sure my system will allow for a "Farm" in my refugium...