PDA

View Full Version : LF frags/zoes....

rad3dad
02/07/2013, 12:09 PM
Hey guys,

I recently cleaned up my 54 bow front that has been neglected for about a year due to unemployment and having to drive OTR for a while. Now that I'm back home, Installing floor covering again, I've got the water perimeters leveled out and lighting bumped back up to a decent level. The candy cane, scroll, mushrooms that survived some how, are looking pretty lonely on all that purple rock.
I have about 70 lbs of live rock to spruce up and need some good frag packs. I am working with a tight budget, being winter time/construction, so I cant afford all the high demand/rare frag packs most people advertise, or added expense of shipping, so I wanted to see who has some good deals within driving range. I appreciate any help with getting things up and going again.

_shorty_
02/07/2013, 02:01 PM
what types of frags you looking for? Softies? SPS?

rad3dad
02/07/2013, 02:22 PM
I'm not to picky, I have room for almost anything. I plan to have a variety of sps in the end, but knowing me I will have several tanks back up with a little bit of everything. My 75 gal has been sitting in the garage since we moved a few yrs ago. I've been tempted to start cleaning it up more and more lately. ;)

SimonSKL
02/08/2013, 09:03 AM
rad3dad, if you ever come to Danville, I probably can give you some GSP, Xenia, dig cap, and birdnest free.

rad3dad
02/08/2013, 07:52 PM
rad3dad, if you ever come to Danville, I probably can give you some GSP, Xenia, dig cap, and birdnest free.

Thanks SimonSKL, I may take you up on that offer sometime. I occasionally go to or through there. I actually grew up there as a kid. Pet World and Hobby still there?

_shorty_
02/08/2013, 07:54 PM

What's a 'dig cap'?

lcashman
02/08/2013, 09:31 PM
What's a 'dig cap'?

my guess Simon would be referring to monti digitata and monti cap

_shorty_
02/08/2013, 09:47 PM
my guess Simon would be referring to monti digitata and monti cap

Cool.. Right, both montis.. Digitata branches, and cap is a plate.. So thought maybe something I didn't know.

logan 12
02/08/2013, 10:37 PM
No such thing as a digitata capricornus, google agrees. LOL

Yes either montipora digitata or montipora capricornis

It is most likely the orange montipora capricornis or orange monti for short. A great beginner sps that is quick growing.

tommer725
02/11/2013, 03:26 PM
montipora capricornis

Oh, so that's what "cap" stands for

SimonSKL
02/11/2013, 04:35 PM
:fun4:Sorry for the confusion. Forgot to put a comma in between those two words