PDA

View Full Version : Need help with DIY led's and Typhon LED controller!

ksicard
02/07/2013, 09:49 PM
I recently purchased Steve's LED's: 28 nuetral whites/28 royal blues.
I was informed by their company that the BOOSTLED Typhon controller would be able to simulate sun rise and sunset affects. I purchased the Typhon controller and followed their instructions and installed on their LED driver that comes with their lights. They told me it would be dimmable and work with the Typhon. I did as instructed and plugged the red wire from the Typhon into the PWM input and the black wire into the grounding port which is port #1 on their drivers. I booted up the lights and the driver to find that the power % are off on the Typhon and they aren't adjusting correctly. They only dim or brighten by 10-15% and do not read correctly overall. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated as I'm wiped out from fiddling with it. Please help.

mcgyvr
02/08/2013, 11:35 AM
what exact drivers?
did you attach to the 5V or 10V PWM outputs on the typhoon?
did you actually read the typhoon manual?

The + and - PWM lead (either 5V or 10V) need to go to the driver.. Not sure what the red/black wires you are talking about.

Why not snap a pic for us to see the wiring.

moncapitane
02/08/2013, 11:46 AM
ksicard,

You can always email from contact us for Steve's LEDs and they will respond in a few hours with additional information. I am using a number of the controllers from Steve's and have them PWM working fine. I haven't finished my programming yet but I know the dimming works without any issues.

der_wille_zur_macht
02/08/2013, 11:55 AM
The + and - PWM lead (either 5V or 10V) need to go to the driver.. Not sure what the red/black wires you are talking about.

This.

Technically the 5v signal can use any ground on the board along with the +5v pin for the correct channel on the output header, but the 10v channels are switched on the low side so you must use the appropriate ground pin per channel.

When troubleshooting these sorts of projects, first verify you have things connected properly. If you think you do but it still doesn't work, find a way to test each component on it's own (i.e. can you run the driver without the dimming signal and do you get the result you expect?)