PDA

View Full Version : LFS Recommendations

JBOD77
02/11/2013, 09:19 AM
Not sure where to post this but i thought I couldn't do too much harm putting it here. I'm looking for Recommendations for some LFS's on Long Island in New York. Currently the only 2 that I see that aren't useless are Fishtown in Bayside, not my favorite either, and Country Critters in Patchogue. Country Critters is absolutely the REAL deal but it's a drive from my house and was wondering if there is anything else out there that I missed. I can drive to House of Fins in CT just as fast as I can get to Patchogue. Anybody else have any other experiences??

TL1000RSquid
02/11/2013, 01:18 PM
Pet Warehouse, 2 locations one in suffolk on Sunrise in I think Copague, and Carle Place near Roosevelt Field, the sunrise highway location has a better selection especially corals, but I've bought quite a bit in Carle Place since its near me, but the Sunrise Location is worth checking out.

Aquarium Village on Old Country Rd in Westbury

Another good place I can't recall the name at the moment is on Deer Park Ave, about 1 mile south of the LIE on the west side of the road in a little strip mall. Small shop but very nice. Coral prices are a little high there but its all healthy and high quality looking.

These are about the only places I reccomend to people, they all have pretty knowledgable staff, and pretty healthy stock, couple other places around that aren't worth the trip.

JBOD77
02/11/2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. Pets warehouse in carle place sold me a tamarin wrasse after telling me how easy they were to keep. After I told them I run. Bare bottom setup. Not exactly true. But, the fish is healthy thus far, kinda doomed, but healthy. Ive never been to their other location but i know about it. Forgot about the place in westbury, it's been a while since I've been there ill have to go back and check it out. Thanks for info!

tmcasper
03/20/2013, 08:54 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party here but Pets Warehouse is building a new store, supposedly aquarium-centric up on 347 near Stony Brook I think. I just went to Country Critters tonight for the first time and it was pretty badass. I will definitely be going back. Up till now I have been mostly going to Aquarium Village, they are great but a bit of a trip for me.