PDA

View Full Version : Float valve

countrykat
02/13/2013, 01:00 PM
I just got 2 RO float valves from BRS. Looking for input from people that are using them. I will be drilling my sump and my water change tank this weekend and would like to have in the correct place to shutoff because I have my salt weight figured out for a 15 gallon water change. My question, at what level is the float when it actually shuts the water off and at what level is the float when it actually lets water come in? Theres not much of a range in motion on the float but I just want to get it right the first time.

worm5406
02/13/2013, 03:22 PM
I would rather have them on an acrylic arm then I could raise and lower them as needed.

shaginwagon13
02/13/2013, 07:06 PM
I just got 2 RO float valves from BRS. Looking for input from people that are using them. I will be drilling my sump and my water change tank this weekend and would like to have in the correct place to shutoff because I have my salt weight figured out for a 15 gallon water change. My question, at what level is the float when it actually shuts the water off and at what level is the float when it actually lets water come in? Theres not much of a range in motion on the float but I just want to get it right the first time.

Mine turn off as soon as the arm is at 90 degrees. Once you lower the arm a little, water will come out.

sleepydoc
02/13/2013, 10:38 PM
Is it the basic or the adjustable? It'll be hard to get it adjusted exactly and my experience with water changes is they're never exact, so you'll probably have to adjust the salt either way.

countrykat
02/14/2013, 05:24 PM
It's the non adjustable one.

Reefjunkee
02/14/2013, 05:26 PM
Most i`ve seen have are adjustable.