PDA

View Full Version : What the Devil?!?

lkc
02/15/2013, 08:20 PM
I have just finished a two month quarantine including the transfer method for my fish because of a crypt infestation in my sps tank. Very successful, thank you SNORVICH!
24 hours after I returned the fish to the main display, the hippo tang was viciously attacked by the worms we call “Black Ich” He was darting about scratching like crazy. He was covered in black spots. I immediately removed him back to quarantine. I left the following fish in the display: Copperband, Helfrichi, Diamond Goby and two green gobies. It has been five days and the fish left in the display have not been attacked by the little devils. No shimmying, herky jerkies or scratching. They are completely clean, eating and behaving normally. It is said that if the tang is removed, the little devils will attack any other fish in the tank. So far, this has not happened. So, what’s going on? Is my tank to remain Tang-less forever? Can I return the tang to the tank after he has been “cured” of the black devils? Why haven’t these little wormies attacked my other fish? Any advice will be welcomed.

MrTuskfish
02/15/2013, 08:59 PM
Prazi-Pro, a wormer, usually kills black ich very well. Use in both QT & DT. Its the only reef-safe med I know of.

lkc
02/16/2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks MrTuskfish. In the past, I have Prazi-Pro'd my sps tank without difficulties. The only problem was with the cleaner shrimps and blood shrimps. They seem to keel over after a bit, need to grab them out and put them into another tank for the duration.......