PDA

View Full Version : Router Login Issue?

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 01:28 PM
I'm trying to setup my Apex Jr. I have already connected the Apex via ethernet cable to my computer and ran the setup CD.

However, now I'm trying to setup my wireless adapter (Netgear WNCE 2001). I connected the wireless adapter to the Apex via ethernet cable, and followed the steps to get the adapter on my network. That all worked fine.

However, under the Apex site (using the IP of the controller), I'm trying to follow these steps:

1. Go to the configuration>network setup page of your controller.
2. Disable DHCP and Update network settings
3. Please take note of your controller’s IP address. This is how your controller is identified on your
home network.
4. Now locate your “Gateway,” this is the IP address of your router.
5. Open a new web-browser tab and type: http://”IP Address of your Router”
a. More than likely you’ll receive a login prompt. This is the user name and password of your router. It is often written on your router some place. If you cannot determine
this, then consult the router’s user manual or your contact your ISP.

However-- the login screen to my wireless adapter is simply NOT working. I've tried copy and pasting the user ID/PW, using the wireless utility (Netgear function), updating the firmware, and even changing the password. I just cannot get past this stage.

Any ideas?

Pepbill
02/16/2013, 01:59 PM
99% of the time your router address is XXX.XXX.XXX.1 or XXX.XXX.XXX.254. The x's being your IP address.

Most common IP ranges are
192.168.1.xxx
10.0.1.xxx

You can use this site to figure out your IP address http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IP-Address-of-Your-PC just substitute the last group of numbers for 1 or 254

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks man. I got the IP from the apex network utility (I chose the gateway option).

I typed that into a web browser. Then a login screen popped. That's where the trouble is. There's no way to pass that stage. It just DOESN'T login :D. I'm 100% sure I'm using the correct user ID and pw. I tried both lower case and capitals, using the "find my password" function, etc. nothing. It just doesn't move forward.

Pepbill
02/16/2013, 02:04 PM
so you can't log into your router?

bezlar
02/16/2013, 02:12 PM
Are trying to see you apex on your network? If so isn't the name and password. Admin and 1234.

bezlar
02/16/2013, 02:13 PM
That's where I'm at and all I get is a blank screen when I put in my name and password.

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 02:23 PM
Ultimately I'd like to control everything via iPad or iPhone.

I'm following the guide here:

http://new.neptunesystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Advanced-Networking-Guide.pdf

And get stuck at the 5th step.

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 02:28 PM
so you can't log into your router?

Correct. I'm trying to reboot the router now to see if that will fix the issue.

EDIT: NOPE! I need the USER NAME and PW to complete the reboot.. :lol: ..the Apex, Router, and Adapter are about to get thrown out the window. I have ZERO patience for this stuff.

kwajr
02/16/2013, 02:32 PM
Well login is probably admin password is admin are password

Sent from my Lumia 810 using Board Express

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 02:35 PM
Well login is probably admin password is admin are password

Sent from my Lumia 810 using Board Express

Tried that already :D ..that just brings me to the "Help Wizard" type page, and displays the User ID and PW that I'm supposed to use to login to the router.

bezlar
02/16/2013, 03:01 PM
I've got mine up and running on iPad. But still can't see it on my browser.

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 03:11 PM
Actually, the setup wizard had the port forwarding ability right there. So I tried that step. Then, I tried to access my apex (by typing in "apex" in the web browser) and now it won't login. It's saying the site is taking too long to respond. I hope nothing got screwed up.

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 03:20 PM
..I'm finding that with each step, you need to wait a while. Now I was able to complete the setup guide, and my iPhone recognizes the Apex. However, each time I click on "probes" or "outlets" etc.. it does nothing, then times out. I'm going to wait a few minutes and see if that fixes the issues.

E.intheC
02/16/2013, 04:08 PM
Well.. Waiting did nothing. :D. I'm going to try and unplug everything and try it again....