PDA

View Full Version : GREAT! Another Radion gone bad!

scarface70706
02/17/2013, 06:54 PM
Well i had a feeling this was going to happen and sure enough my other radion's fan went dead a little after a month of replacing the other unit. This is really getting aggravating since these are suppose to be state of the art LED fixtures. These things are too expensive to be doing stupid things like this. Now i have to go threw the exchange process all over again and wait damn near 3 weeks for the $600 pending to be removed. this is getting very annoying and starting to make me regret buying these fixtures. One fixture was kind of a bummer but now the second one within a month goes bad!?! nothing like spending a lot of money on some lights that need to be refurbished in less then 5 month of owning them. Its working out very well with my girl friend :debi:. thanks! very disappointed that this is the 3rd product from ecotech that i had to send in to fix (other was a brand new mp40wes with only 2months of use).

MBC2012
02/17/2013, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear about this. We are on our first replacement pair also. Just under a yr old and 1st one went - had replaced then a month later the second one went. Both fan issue and both 1gen. BUT we had a 3day turn around on each. One phone call and the unit went out the next day and we had it 2nd day delivery. With both unit it was the same process. I was told they would place a hold on our cc - but both times I was able to talk them out of it.

xtlosx
02/17/2013, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear about this. We are on our first replacement pair also. Just under a yr old and 1st one went - had replaced then a month later the second one went. Both fan issue and both 1gen. BUT we had a 3day turn around on each. One phone call and the unit went out the next day and we had it 2nd day delivery. With both unit it was the same process. I was told they would place a hold on our cc - but both times I was able to talk them out of it.

My experience with a bad MP40 and MP10 was like yours. They had the new gear in the mail the same day with 2 day shipping.... Ecotech's customer service has been top notch for me.

scarface70706
02/17/2013, 08:09 PM
yea their tech support is very good. its just the fact of getting to that point is what sucks. i cant keep affording to have a pending of $600 each time their products go out. its really making me not want to upgrade to the pro. so def. having second thoughts on future buys/upgrades.

Eastamherstbias
02/17/2013, 11:31 PM
How close are you keeping your lights to the waters surface? I own four of them and never had a fan die but I also keep my lights 8-10 inches off the water line.

scarface70706
02/18/2013, 04:28 PM
7-8 inches. i read a few threads the g1 fans are prone to this and ecotech has replaced the fans with heavier duty ones.

chercm
02/18/2013, 04:53 PM
After replacement still fail

scarface70706
02/18/2013, 06:24 PM
no the other unit. i have been keeping an eye on the replacement too but so far so good. only time will tell.

scarface70706
02/18/2013, 08:43 PM
and now its dimmer then the other unit and red keeps flashing every so often. im sure my sps are loving this. even my frog spawn is all freaking out and sucked up.