PDA

View Full Version : Rockscape and the missing fish!

PiscesTank
02/20/2013, 11:48 AM
Hello RC'ers, I have a question/conundrum. I recently set up a nice large shallow tank. It is 6'Lx3'Wx20''T, I have a Picasso Trigger, a Dogfaced Puffer, Narrowlined Puffer and a large (4-5 inch) Spider Decorating Crab. I wanted to make as natural a setting for them as possible so i set up the live rock on the back half of the tank with lots of caves and nooks/crannies and the front half mostly open with lots of swim room. Now my tank looks completely empty! The fish hide and swim and play in the rocks only! They come out at night for the feeding then are gone again! Should I add more social fish? Will mine come out sooner or later? Should I move the rock around and break it up?

sniper2be
02/20/2013, 06:13 PM
got to give them time most fish will get used to all the action around the tank and if you sit for a while off in the distance without moving they will come out like your not there. but once every one settles into the routine it will be more action then your getting now.. but it all has to be on their time not yours.. to much stress will kill fish..