PDA

View Full Version : Canada online ordering

RayL
02/20/2013, 03:01 PM
Has anybody ordered fish from jlaquatics.com

If so, please let me know how the experience was

randomfishguy85
02/20/2013, 03:04 PM
Im curious as well. I have ordered dry goodds from them in the past and in that area they were great, but never ordered fish/inverts/corals.

BossHoggin
02/20/2013, 09:21 PM
Im curious as well. I have ordered dry goodds from them in the past and in that area they were great, but never ordered fish/inverts/corals.

same. considering i live in calgary they sure take their sweet time to ship dry goods. took a week at minimum on 3 seperate orders

randomfishguy85
02/20/2013, 10:31 PM
same. considering i live in calgary they sure take their sweet time to ship dry goods. took a week at minimum on 3 seperate orders

Wow, a week! I ordered a canister filter from them and it must have gotten to me in about 3 or 4 days. Maybe it was the day you ordered or something like that

tomservo
02/20/2013, 10:45 PM
Here's a subject I can chime in on - here in winnipeg there are basically no good SW stores; so there tends to be a lot of ordering in.. There is a guy here who does group buys for the club, probably once a month or more. These orders tend to be shipped air freight, so they spend minimum time in transit.. But I have a friend who does his own orders and these are typically sent fedex unless he orders a ton. Everything always arrives looking good, fish are healthy and corals are as described/pictured. I've had the absolute best luck with snails from them too, never lost one except to a hermit crab.

They're good about DOAs as well.

In short, I can recommend them, though they tend to be pretty liberal with the word "rare".

RayL
02/20/2013, 11:09 PM
Okay thanks for the info. I will give it a try soon

Do you think it matters that its winter right now, should I wait for it to warm up or is it okay now.

blutang007
02/21/2013, 12:03 AM
You won't regret ordering from J&L. They have great staff and are very helpful. Livestock always healthy. If you decide to order, Speak to Jeff or John. Great guys to deal with..

Cheers...

hdtvguy
02/21/2013, 07:46 AM
I have nothing bad to say about them! Very fast shipping to Winnipeg. Order from them all the time.

Sent from my SGH-I717R