PDA

View Full Version : Making the Radion Wireless

E.intheC
02/21/2013, 06:51 AM
I picked up a Radion last night, and unfortunately my tank is on the first floor, computer is on the second floor. I would need a USB cable that's at least 40 feet to connect the light to my computer for programming. In addition, I would have to make changes, run downstairs to make sure I like them, then run back upstairs.

That said, I have the Netgear wireless gaming adaptor shown here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6613567&CatId=2704

Will the above allow me to control the Radion with my iPad (which is on my wireless network at home)?

BigAl2007
02/21/2013, 08:15 AM
You may want to check out the Ecotech forum on their website. I have seen a couple of people come up with the right combination of "adapters" but I'm not sure how practical they are.

E.intheC
02/21/2013, 12:46 PM
I've been looking into it more today. Looks like I have to download the EcoSmart software and get that running first. However, the Radion needs to be connected via USB to the computer in order for that to work.

Hopefully, there is a wireless USB adaptor that will replace the cord. It's too bad I don't have a lap top anymore, and only have a desktop computer. It would also be nice if there was a USB adaptor for the iPad. That way I could connect the iPad to the Radion directly. ...off to research THAT now. :D

E.intheC
02/21/2013, 04:59 PM
For anyone who finds this later on.. The USB cables that attaches directly to the iPad won't work :(