PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly horrible reef stories!#$%

jcardona
02/21/2013, 11:59 AM
Just came across this homepage from a lady that should be reading Reef Central to learn a thing or two...she seems to have a "CORAL CHAMBER OF DEATH"... check her website and horror sories...
http://www.fishpondinfo.com/marine/corals.htm
:furious:

Fish Biscuit
02/21/2013, 01:59 PM
it takes a lot of talent to kill a softie lol

Ostara
02/21/2013, 02:40 PM
I didn't know you could kill GSP, xenia, and mushrooms with such repeated success.

Reeferz412
02/21/2013, 02:45 PM
I like how she just makes observations of corals dying and trying to make an educated guess as to why they are dying and then buys more corals.

cubalz
02/21/2013, 03:34 PM
Holy crap. This lady has way more money than brains!

ACBlinky
02/21/2013, 03:48 PM
She mentions that she has a 12g and a 6g tank; nanos take more expertise than large tanks in many ways. I'm guessing she wanted an inexpensive way to do SW, and didn't invest in an ATO, doesn't dose anything, probably doesn't even test her water.

It amazes me that she matter-of-factly lists death after death, never mentioning any research or even calling a LFS to ask advice, doesn't say anything about water parameters, just keeps plunking living beings into her tiny tanks of death and watching them perish. Rather reminds me of the moron I met a while back who told me 'oh, you have a SW tank? I always wanted a big lion fish like on Star Trek but they're like six thousand bucks!' and his friend who said 'who are you kidding, you can't have one of those, not after what happened when you tried salt water before!' of course I stupidly asked 'What happened?!' and was told that this genius bought fish at a LFS, took it home, randomly added TABLE SALT at an unknown concentration to his tap water, threw the fish in and watched it die. People, as a rule, are just not that clever.

Breadman03
02/21/2013, 04:07 PM
Somebody should send her some strawberry seeds and tell her to plant a garden.

dsiu25
02/21/2013, 04:40 PM
Epic fails for a while, but in her defense her tank does look a lot better in 2012, than it did in 2008. Everyone starts out from somewhere...for her it's just a steeper learning curve...

jcardona
02/22/2013, 11:01 AM
Gardening may not be for her either...plants have feelings too!