PDA

View Full Version : Newb mistake

javdog2001
02/22/2013, 05:31 PM
Ok, 75 gallon tank with live rock.

So I bought a fish that I thought was a Royal Gramma, but its actually a Bicolor Dottyback.

I have
1 Ocellaris clownfish
1 Barred Goby
2 Firefish
1 Bluegreen chromis
1 Sand Goby

From what I am reading about the Bicolor Dottyback I am in for trouble. As of now, it's been a week, the fish hasn't been too aggressive...Would I be better off trying to catch him and return him to the LFS now. Or should I wait to see. I think I know the answer but I am hesitating because he hasn't been a trouble maker, yet, and it's such a pretty fish...

gbru316
02/22/2013, 05:33 PM
In a 75g tank, with adequate structure, you should be fine.

DUPioneers
02/22/2013, 05:43 PM
Ok, 75 gallon tank with live rock.

So I bought a fish that I thought was a Royal Gramma, but its actually a Bicolor Dottyback.

I have
1 Ocellaris clownfish
1 Barred Goby
2 Firefish
1 Bluegreen chromis
1 Sand Goby

From what I am reading about the Bicolor Dottyback I am in for trouble. As of now, it's been a week, the fish hasn't been too aggressive...Would I be better off trying to catch him and return him to the LFS now. Or should I wait to see. I think I know the answer but I am hesitating because he hasn't been a trouble maker, yet, and it's such a pretty fish...

You might want to pose this question to Steve in the "check out all new fish purchases here first" sticky at the top of this forum. He's a wealth of information on stuff like this.

Also, another question for Steve, I don't believe that two gobies can peacefully coexist in an aquarium, long term....

javdog2001
02/22/2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the replies & the suggestion.