PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Controller or PowerBar

leeshdw
02/22/2013, 07:10 PM
I have an issue with my original Controller. It thinks there is a level sensor plugged in the power bar which nothing is plugged in. I've tried resetting it multiple times by using "settings/reset resettings". Every time it comes back up, it finds the Level senor. Any ideas why it keeps thinking it has a level sensor?

AQT
02/25/2013, 06:53 AM
what have you plugged in the powe bar?! Do you have the temperature probe connected? Did you have in the past the level sensor connected or not?
Davide

leeshdw
02/25/2013, 11:05 AM
Davide,
I had a temperature probe connected to that port and a level sensor on another port. The temperature was jumping from 30 deg to 140 deg. I had an alarm set and noticed the temperature jumping. I swapped the probes around and the temperature was fine, but the level sensor is giving wrong status. I unplugged the level sensor and reset the controller and it found the level sensor even though there wasn't anything plugged in.

AQT
02/27/2013, 02:24 AM
Do you think it is possible some water went inside the USB port of the Power Unit?
Reading what you wrote we should repair the power unit.
Is is still covered by our warranty? If so we can fix the problem free of charge.
Otherwise, living you so far from us, a solution coulb be we send you the part of USB ports of the power unit and you change this by yourself.. it is easy to do it.
Let me know
Davide

leeshdw
02/27/2013, 09:55 PM
I'm sure it is out of warranty. The power bar has been issue free for 8 years. I will see if i can open the power bar and see if there is any signs of water. If i do need new USB ports, shall I PM you and set something up?

Thanks.

AQT
02/28/2013, 02:53 AM
PM me please if you need it giving me your address and phone number
Davide

leeshdw
03/13/2013, 09:07 PM
Davide,
I received the USB ports and replaced it. The level sensor is working again. Thank You.

AQT
03/14/2013, 03:38 AM
you are welcome!!! :-)