PDA

View Full Version : Riviera Maya & Cozumel Best Snorkeling & Scuba Spots???

duganderson
02/25/2013, 08:26 PM
In less than two weeks, I'm going to be in the Riveria Maya with my family for 8 days. We're staying a few miles North of Tulum which and South of Playa Del Carmen. We're staying at Dreams Tulum.

I'm looking for the best snorkeling sites in the Riviera Maya area with my children. I'm especially interested in good coral and fish in depths less than 15 feet.

Also, I'm looking for good dive areas for me (without kids) in Riviera Maya or Cozumel. I'm especially interested in coral. I am certified.

Any dive/snorkel operators, tour ideas, or other tips appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

mayjong
02/26/2013, 05:49 PM
snorkling in that area?

one word

Akumal

done

duganderson
03/02/2013, 02:03 PM
Any other spots folks suggest?

Does anyone know if there is any shallow water snorkeling (10 ft or less) spots in Cozumel with good coral?

DivrDwn
03/04/2013, 08:38 AM
Not a great dive for corals, but if you're diving off Cozumel...Santa Rosa Wall is pretty awesome.

Dive to about 110ish feet down the sheer face of a wall that drops off into the abyss then ascend through a series of caves that lace through the wall and open back up on to the floor at about 60ish feet if I remember correctly. Caves were fairly narrow but nothing too tight.

ibanezgfx
03/04/2013, 10:31 AM
Went there on my honeymoon. Hopped in the water and Santa Rosa decides my wedding ring would be better off in 70' of water than on my finger.
If you find a size 10 men's tungsten carbide wedding band at Santa Rosa, let me know :)

Dive was excellent by the way. Went with Scorpio divers.

mayjong
03/04/2013, 04:32 PM
try locogringodotcom
great site for info on the area...
you'll have a blast.

duganderson
03/04/2013, 09:31 PM
Went there on my honeymoon. Hopped in the water and Santa Rosa decides my wedding ring would be better off in 70' of water than on my finger.
If you find a size 10 men's tungsten carbide wedding band at Santa Rosa, let me know :)

Dive was excellent by the way. Went with Scorpio divers.

I'll keep an eye out for it :beachbum: