PDA

View Full Version : G. Ternatensis New Behavior

Gilghamesh
02/27/2013, 11:32 AM
Hey All,

I've had my [I]G. Ternatensis[I] in it's habitat for about 4 months now. He's healthy as an ox and eats like a champ but he's started a new behavior I wanted to get some feed back on.

I always leave snails and crabs for him to munch on and he really only takes one when he is hungry. So a bag of snails will last a few weeks. Last week he started eating much more frequently and taking the shells to build a barricade to his den.

I'm thinking he's preparing to molt but I'm not sure. He hasn't molted since I put him in to my knowledge.

I'll get pics as soon as I can. He can be a reclusive little bugger.

Gil

Fartin'Gary
02/27/2013, 12:12 PM
Sounds like he's going to molt soon. Mine would eat like a pig then one day reject all further food and seal herself in the burrow.

Gilghamesh
02/27/2013, 12:25 PM
Awesome. That's a relief. I've been waiting for a molt and was starting to get concerned that I hadn't seen one.

Thanks,

Gil

areucrazy
03/11/2013, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a molt preparation to me too.. My GT will molt and dissapear for over 2 weeks. So dont be scared when that happens...well you may worry as we all do! It sure is one of the happiest moments for me when I finally see him again. I get so worried and then he pops out BIGGER and hungry!! :)

PzIV
03/15/2013, 11:58 AM
Molting seems to be the only real issue to worry about with these guys, barring shell rot in larger individuals.

Sh0velman
03/17/2013, 08:18 PM
Mine never seems to molt... or if she does, she is quick about it. Took her last one like 4 days total until she was back out

areucrazy
03/25/2013, 09:43 AM
My Googly has been in hiding all last week and is still in their. Havent seen a peep out of him yet. I noticed he did have a small spot of shell rot so I fed him a bunch and he gathered up a bunch of chaeto and sealed up all his holes. He love to plug up the entrances with chaeto. I worry every time but I hope to see my little friend soon.