PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Angels

love2skiutah
02/27/2013, 04:21 PM
There is a company in Utah right now that went and harvested Peppermint Angels and are available... They got 10 and lost 5 apparently. I'm going to go take some pics. They supposedly have 1 or 2 here and the rest are being held in other locations. I'm going to go find out the details.

Allmost
02/27/2013, 04:33 PM
alot of these popping up nowa days .... just last month there were 10 in Japan ... blue harbor ...

humaguy
02/27/2013, 05:14 PM
sounds too good to be true...let us know...thanks!

evolved
02/27/2013, 05:21 PM
Was announced on FB on the companies page with a picture of the expedition; narcosis along in the other container.

I would say the company, but y'all know how the rules go around here. Neptune Systems shared the post, however.

WayneL333
02/27/2013, 05:41 PM
No way! I can't find any news about this on Google. Argh!!!

humaguy
02/27/2013, 06:00 PM
we know about the ones in Japan...nobody at the store that got em, and I spoke with K said anything about additional ones making it here...Rufus is in here and has not hinted of this either... so, I'm thinkin, no way....but hope I am wrong....

Ostara
02/27/2013, 06:09 PM
Huh, I've never heard of that store/company before. Their website doesn't seem to have much information, but there's definitely a picture on their Facebook. I hope they'll post up some more soon. Where does it say how many they may have?

love2skiutah
02/27/2013, 06:54 PM
Huh, I've never heard of that store/company before. Their website doesn't seem to have much information, but there's definitely a picture on their Facebook. I hope they'll post up some more soon. Where does it say how many they may have?

They don't sell online. The store is like 20 minutes from my home, so I go there often.

humaguy
02/27/2013, 07:24 PM
heard those are not coming to us but a second expedition is planned...not sure what to believe...regardless, it is amazing that Peps are becoming avail...I hope the trend continues...thanks for the post!

love2skiutah
02/27/2013, 08:01 PM
heard those are not coming to us but a second expedition is planned...not sure what to believe...regardless, it is amazing that Peps are becoming avail...I hope the trend continues...thanks for the post!

Yeah, the store owner is sometimes shady. I am going there to take pics and see with my own eyes.

WayneL333
02/27/2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, the store owner is sometimes shady. I am going there to take pics and see with my own eyes.

Hmmm...the plot thickens. That'll be amazing if its true though; that they may be available for the US aquarium trade. I'd gladly risk all of my Sps colonies just to have one in my tank!

auem
02/27/2013, 09:17 PM
alot of these popping up nowa days .... just last month there were 10 in Japan ... blue harbor ...

5,not 10.....

Allmost
02/28/2013, 09:31 AM
well something is up .... I asked my LFS last night and he said he too can get them in !

where is Copps with the inside news ? :D

Im gonna check to see if I can get a second mortgage on my place for now though lol

freedive43
02/28/2013, 12:59 PM
It's funny how fast stories spread on these forums. Here's the facts. Koji was the only guy to physically have peppermint angels. He got 5 pcs as well as 7 narcossis angels and a few other goodies. The owner of the store in Utah is our friend. He did accompany us on our first expedition last year (which wasn't so successful). He does not have any of these fish in his shop, however, we do plan on providing him with some if we collect any more in the future. Aside from a few in private collections, no other shop in the world (aside from koji's) has these fish right now. The reality is that many stores are compelled to try to pre-sell fish and then worry about actually obtaining the fish once they have a committed buyer. We supply wholesalers and pet stores the world over. If we ever do have a surplus of peppermints, then perhaps they will become as widespread as they are rumored to be. But until then (which is probably never considering the difficulty and depth of finding them) you're best bet of seeing one is at the Waikiki aquarium....

albano
02/28/2013, 01:33 PM
If we ever do have a surplus of peppermints, then perhaps they will become as widespread as they are rumored to be. But until then (which is probably never considering the difficulty and depth of finding them) you're best bet of seeing one is at the Waikiki aquarium....
So, you're saying there's a chance!

JK

rorroreef
02/28/2013, 11:57 PM
WOW, I just researched these fish and I can't believe how expensive they are. But they are beautiful.

Yurivd
03/01/2013, 02:24 AM
WOW, I just researched these fish and I can't believe how expensive they are. But they are beautiful.

You are paying for the risk Rufus is taking...
And the capital layout to do the trip

ingtar_shinowa
03/01/2013, 11:34 AM
You need a lot of expensive equipment to make the dive, then a lot more expensive equipment for the expedition to be successful. From how those fish looked in the blue harbor videos I would imagine the systems on board are better than my home aquarium.

So many marine batteries!

WayneL333
03/01/2013, 03:04 PM
Every time I get an update from Divers Den and I happen to read Peppermint, my heart skips a beat. Then there's usually shrimp or hogfish following peppermint and I come back to reality.

Hopefully one day I'll read Pygmy Angelfish after it...one day.

coral_lagoon
03/01/2013, 04:14 PM
Catching marine tropical fish looks easy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVrKrYkHfXc

humaguy
03/01/2013, 05:31 PM
Thank you Rufus for the clarification....

rorroreef
03/01/2013, 05:59 PM
You are paying for the risk Rufus is taking...
And the capital layout to do the trip

Not arguing with the price at all. I just wish we could afford one.

bradleyj
03/02/2013, 01:07 PM
Rufus and Randy are very good friends. Rufus and other friends all just spent a week here in Utah skiing, snowmobiling and just relaxing . It's funny how rumors get started, but I see that there could be a chance in the future of actually seeing one of these beautiful fish with my own eyes here in Utah. Rufus actually caught my Emperor I have in my tank now. And my psychead tamarin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/tileman/335g/036copy-1.jpg

euod
03/02/2013, 05:20 PM
Beautiful new tank. Yes, hoping it will land in your tank:)

Yurivd
03/02/2013, 10:14 PM
Rufus and Randy are very good friends. Rufus and other friends all just spent a week here in Utah skiing, snowmobiling and just relaxing . It's funny how rumors get started, but I see that there could be a chance in the future of actually seeing one of these beautiful fish with my own eyes here in Utah. Rufus actually caught my Emperor I have in my tank now. And my psychead tamarin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/tileman/335g/036copy-1.jpg

Why do you not have a pair of Cirrhilabrus claire