PDA

View Full Version : Kole Tang picky water

Saltwater_Biker
02/28/2013, 11:15 AM
My Kole Tang is pretty picky. I am trying to alternate his food but all he wants is either dried seaweed on a clip or the frozen brine shrimp. I ordered some Selcon but it wont get here till next week.
I am trying to give him Formula One Flakes or dried krill. I even tried to crumple them into smaller pieces so the water current lets it sink alittle.
Any Ideas?

coral_lagoon
02/28/2013, 02:34 PM
My Kole Tang is pretty picky. I am trying to alternate his food but all he wants is either dried seaweed on a clip or the frozen brine shrimp. I ordered some Selcon but it wont get here till next week.
I am trying to give him Formula One Flakes or dried krill. I even tried to crumple them into smaller pieces so the water current lets it sink alittle.
Any Ideas?

Just keep him fat with what he likes that's the most important thing. He will eventually start excepting other foods. Just give it some time..

03sonicstang
02/28/2013, 03:52 PM
My Kole LOVES Mysis Shrimp.

greg1786
03/01/2013, 02:00 AM
I got a yellow tang a few weeks ago and had the same exact issue. He loved live and frozen brine and seaweed from his clip but absolutely refused to eat dry foods. I tried 2 different sized nls pellets and three different flake foods to no avail. I gave in and bought him spirinula enriched brine. I feed the tank twice a day nls pellets and 1 cube of the brine and during the second feeding two days ago he magically took an interest to the nls pellets and today i think he woulda eaten the whole container if id have fed it to him. Just give him time hell come around, but in the mean time feed him what he likes to keep him healthy

symon_say
03/01/2013, 10:05 AM
Just keep him fat with what he likes that's the most important thing. He will eventually start excepting other foods. Just give it some time..

+1, I had a banggai cardinal that only eats bloodworms, i just keep feeding the tank normally and add the bloodworms for him, now he even fight with my tangs for food no matter what i put in the tank.

rssjsb
03/01/2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, keep feeding him nori. Switch from brine shrimp to mysis. Eventually he will probably start taking pellets or flakes. The main thing is to keep up his body weight.

If you can find them, Sera stick-on spirulina tabs are great for grazers like the kole tang.