PDA

View Full Version : long time no see!

CoralReeferGal
03/02/2013, 09:21 PM
Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on! We sort of took a break from spending money and let the tank go with what was there... and recently got sucked back in by a few too good to pass up offers! I'll put up some new pics here soon, but after getting some stuff from a fellow reefer on here, it REALLY livened things up again after our mini crash! Everything is doing amazing right now :dance: just added a mandarin (omg I love this little guy!) an electric scallop (pretty neat!) a maze brain and a moon coral (among some other stuff I'm probably forgetting since my last time on here)

Anyway, I just must share this shot I got of Simba, our red voiltans lionfish
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg557/coralreefergal/20130216_173922.jpg
He's not often out showing off until the lights are out for the night, so I was glad to finally get a nice pic of him, but was overly impressed with the quality of the shot! (I never get good pictures! :sad2:)

How has everyone been doing?

cherubfish pair
03/02/2013, 11:10 PM
electric scallop?

Handil
03/02/2013, 11:11 PM
Does samba go after your smaller fish?

bnumair
03/02/2013, 11:42 PM
electric flame scallop are cool. they shoot electric pulses clearly seen in purple blueish color. post some pics.

SULLY736
03/03/2013, 01:27 AM
The scallops are way cool. The electric ones have luminescent that runs across the edge that makes it look like it has an electrical pulse. They don't seem to live for very long though

OregonReefer2
03/03/2013, 03:41 AM
I see many snacks in that tank for Simba

Do you know that Simba will get about a foot long?

CoralReeferGal
03/07/2013, 10:00 AM
Simab doesn't bother anything else in the tank. He's actually very well behaved! We plan on upgrading our tank as soon as we move and the one we have now will be switched to a species tank for simba. I have a video of the scallop... ill have to figure out how to post it, but will definitely share!

CoralReeferGal
03/07/2013, 01:49 PM
*fingers crossed* I'm uploading the video to photobucket now, will post a new thread with the scallop video once it's done.

OregonReefer2
03/07/2013, 05:00 PM
Simab doesn't bother anything else in the tank. He's actually very well behaved! We plan on upgrading our tank as soon as we move and the one we have now will be switched to a species tank for simba. I have a video of the scallop... ill have to figure out how to post it, but will definitely share!

Be careful during the switch. Getting stung by that guy will be extremely painful... been there, done that, no fun at all

kga943
03/07/2013, 08:28 PM
just send the video to you tube and post the link