PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever order from aquaculture nursery farms ??

gpx1200
03/03/2013, 05:35 PM
i'm thinking of trying an order from these guys but i haven't heard much about them.
http://stores.aquaculturenurseryfarms.com/-strse-template/about/Page.bok
i know their are other popular sources for feeders and suplys but they have several different items i need all in one place, anyone have any experiences with them??

ernieq
03/03/2013, 09:47 PM
I've ordered several things from them. Their rotifer cultures are not as robust as the one's from Reed, but everything else I've ordered including decap brine has worked well for me. Their rotifers took me about 1 week longer to get them to the desired density than the one I got from Reed.

SantaMonica
03/09/2013, 10:59 AM
Yep. My new favorite source of dried pods: copepods, rotifers, arctipods. Spirulina too.

I mix them with water and sodium alginate to keep them suspended, and put them in a wine cooler with a doser to feed the reef. Sits for a whole month without going bad. Would work also to feed clowns etc.

gpx1200
03/13/2013, 02:20 PM
well i got my order today and ill never use them again.
mysids came in a bag that looked like they scooped it right out of the marsh.
2 sieves that are made from pvc pipe that is all cut and glued togeather crooked .
and about 2oz of decaped brine shrimp in an 8oz bottle for $18 all showing up a day late after paying $60 for overnight shipping.
this is waht they call 8oz of brine shrimp eggs, yes thats an 8oz bottle

ernieq
03/13/2013, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience.
That is the way decap brine is sold, as far as I know. In a heavily saturated salt solution so they don't hatch. My 8 oz bottle looked the same as yours. You basically shake it really good and put about a capful in your hatching container and you will have a lot of BBS within 18 hours. They also have a "triple" portion bottle that is sold with less water, but I prefer that particular one. I can't vouch for the sieves since I didn't buy one, and I've never bought mysids from them.