PDA

View Full Version : Automatic flush timer

Fishbulb2
03/04/2013, 10:49 AM
Hi Russ and Buckeye,

I'm looking for a way to automate flushing for my system and I hoping to find this timer somewhere

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=aquatec-aft

Ideally, I'd prefer to get it from a Reefcentral sponsor. My understanding is that I could combine it with your manual flush kit and replace the ball valve with this timer. This version of aquatec's timer does not have a flow restrictor associated with it, so that's why I like it. On the other side of the flush kit, I was hoping to use your adjustable flow restrictor. Do you like these adjustable units or do you recommend a capillary style instead.

I should also add that I already own an Aquatec booster pump and all of the necessary harnesses to connect the AFT valve. Currently, I own the BFS-406 Auto-flush flow restrictor, 75 gpd but have been very unhappy with it. Not your fault but Aquatec's I think. It seems to waste a lot more water than the typical 4:1 ratio and it is not remotely adjustable. The system I want to design would only use the Aquatec valve for flushing, but would rely on easily replaceable capillary flow restrictors or an adjustable flow restrictor. If you can order me the Aquatec AFT without a restrictor I would love to order it from you and get your thoughts on this design idea.

Thanks in advance!
FB

Buckeye Hydro
03/04/2013, 01:46 PM
Hi Russ and Buckeye,

I'm looking for a way to automate flushing for my system and I hoping to find this timer somewhere

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=aquatec-aft

Ideally, I'd prefer to get it from a Reefcentral sponsor. My understanding is that I could combine it with your manual flush kit and replace the ball valve with this timer. This version of aquatec's timer does not have a flow restrictor associated with it, so that's why I like it. On the other side of the flush kit, I was hoping to use your adjustable flow restrictor. Do you like these adjustable units or do you recommend a capillary style instead.

I should also add that I already own an Aquatec booster pump and all of the necessary harnesses to connect the AFT valve. Currently, I own the BFS-406 Auto-flush flow restrictor, 75 gpd but have been very unhappy with it. Not your fault but Aquatec's I think. It seems to waste a lot more water than the typical 4:1 ratio and it is not remotely adjustable. The system I want to design would only use the Aquatec valve for flushing, but would rely on easily replaceable capillary flow restrictors or an adjustable flow restrictor. If you can order me the Aquatec AFT without a restrictor I would love to order it from you and get your thoughts on this design idea.

Thanks in advance!
FB

In these low flow RODI systems the capillary restrictors tend to work better than the adjustable needle valves.

Your design sounds like it would work fine.

I can get that auto flush (w/o the flow restrictor) in for you. Do you want to call in and we can do your order over the phone?

Russ
513-312-2343

Fishbulb2
03/04/2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks for helping get the order set up Russ. I'm looking forward to getting this into my system.

Thanks again,
FB