PDA

View Full Version : Noob seeking advise and ID these corals

Dfwnoob
03/06/2013, 08:14 AM
Hello I have these going on my tank could anyone help me ID them and would my tank be ideal for them . 10 gal. Been running for 3 weeks according to parameters it's cycled . Standard t8 light that came in the hood . Any advice greatly appreciated .

Dfwnoob
03/06/2013, 08:17 AM
Another pic I believe this is a mushroom

meisel1
03/06/2013, 09:26 AM
palyzoanthids first pic, mushroom second.They can live in just about anything :)

thebkramer
03/06/2013, 09:26 AM
1st pic is button polyps... they are very easy to care for.. will survive about anything!!! lol they do tend to be an annoying coral to some (me for one) they will grow like mad! and multiply very easily !!! they have no troubles taking over everything!!! try and keep them separate if you can so they don't cause any issues for you (:
I actually keep a small rock in the corner of my tank (use to have a massive amount!! took over everything in half my tank) I keep letting them grow on to small rocks.. then I exchange them in at my LFS... its a nice way to never have to dish out money for things needed!!! (like fish food, carbon, etc)

the sec pic does look like a mushroom to me... which one? I have no clue!! sorry!!
mushrooms are also very easy to care for! they can also grow like mad!!!! its nice to have a few though... they will usually let you know first if water params are off......

Happy Reefing!!! :bounce3:

Dfwnoob
03/06/2013, 09:37 AM
Great thank you ! Is there a special food or anything I need to do to keep them alive ?

Buzzword
03/06/2013, 09:56 AM
Second pic looks like Ricordia yuma.

meisel1
03/06/2013, 10:51 AM
just give em some light and watch they dont take over :D

Reeferz412
03/06/2013, 12:48 PM
palyzoas to me, and a ricordea in the second.