PDA

View Full Version : What to do gor gut binded clown fry

OrionN
03/06/2013, 08:13 AM
i am feeding my baby clowns with Otohime A then B. They are about 6 weeks at this time and the largest is more than1/2 inch long. For the last 3 weeks, my largest babies started to have gut binded. They are healthy and eat a lot. one or two of the largest babies started to habe swollen stomach. Continue to eat until the very end where they look like an egg with eyes bulging out.
Anybody with similar problem? What did you do for this.
I start to feed them combination of dry food now hope to decrease the problem. I have two babies died already and two more with swollen stomach

edandsandy
03/06/2013, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear about that... I wish I could help, but have never experienced this...
I'm goiong to tag along to hear the answer...
Good luck!

ernieq
03/06/2013, 11:23 AM
how much do you feed? Is your water clear? You could have a bacterial issue. I feed mine what they consume in about 20 seconds 3 times a day when they were at that age. I now feed twice a day what they consume in about 20 seconds (they are now about 7 months). I put about 1/4 teaspon and wait until it is all gone and repeat until 20 seconds are done. But I have around 260 clowns, so your measurement should be smaller. I find that at this rate, they have healthy looking bellies without looking overfed or underfed.