PDA

View Full Version : Apex website access

Redseadragon12
03/06/2013, 11:31 PM
Hello, I have my network setup wirelessly communicating with the apex. I access the apex app on my iPhone but would like to know if their is a way to get to the full website from outside the network. I have dyndns set up to track my ip. Thanks!

greene.phillip
03/06/2013, 11:36 PM
You access it the same way you would on your lan except using the dyndns address. For instance mine is blahblah.somesite.com:90 as I set up port 90 to forward to the apex IP on port 80. However, port 80 accessing my dyndns address went to my routers management page so I had to use 90 instead. You probably already set up the port forwarding if the app is working.

Redseadragon12
03/07/2013, 12:44 AM
Oh thank you, I guess I don't have a domain. Is there a way to get a free one?

Redseadragon12
03/07/2013, 09:21 PM
BUMP I am completely lost here sorry if this is such a basic question. Ok I realize now that I already have a host name set up with my Dyndns service. I just dont understand how to use this to access the apex program from an outside network. I tried just typing in the address followed by my port that did not work.

I am able to access the APex with my public IP through the app on outside networks. is there a way to synch the app to dyndns or something? I have to type the public IP from dyndns into the app everyday real issue there.

fixmgood
03/07/2013, 09:28 PM
Go to the Apex forum.If you go to the Neptune website it will direct you from there.

letoan
03/07/2013, 09:32 PM
If you can connect using the iPhone app then just use that same address and specify the port at the end.

Something like: myapex.dyndns.org:9999