PDA

View Full Version : green brittle - yellow disc

Mstark11
03/07/2013, 11:38 AM
Was wondering if anyone else had seen this. My LFS sold me a green brittle when I told him I wanted something easy and reef-safe (my red flag should have gone off when he tried to sell me a chocolate chip before the brittle for my reef.) Should have been paying more attention but the starfish looked fine to me.

He was moving fine at the LFS and here, he's moving all around the tank at night like he owns the place; which i guess he sorta does. Been giving him silversides before bed to encourage him not to eat my clownfish, and he's been dragging them around, and eating without a problem.

Acclimated him for just over 2 hours without a problem. He seemed to have the discoloration on him at the LFS, i just didn't realize it wasn't normal then. Any idea what caused it? I caught him with his pants down this morning, sitting at the top of the rocks, grabbed a picture before he could skitter away. Yes I know I have hair algae.

http://i47.*******.com/14bj3g5.jpg

PAnanoguy
03/07/2013, 03:04 PM
could it be a scar from past damage?

Mstark11
03/07/2013, 03:11 PM
It's entirely possible. I never asked the LFS. it doesn't seem to bother the starfish whatever it is.