PDA

View Full Version : Preventative Medication

Roman120G
03/11/2013, 09:00 AM
Hi

got 20g QT set up with all necessary equipment.

initially planned to do preventative with Prozipro and Metronidazole.

then came across info with Prozipro (7-10 days) and Cupramine (14days) with possible second dose of Prozipro.
Some people say that Prozipro can be used together with Cupramine as second dose, some are against that. What are your thoughts?

also, should Metronidazole be used with Prozipro and Cupramine? if yes, then when, before Prozipro or after, or after Cupramine?

all that preventative medication considering, is there a point to do Freshwater Dip with Methylene Blue?

the fish list is pretty basic:
- 2 True perc clowns
- bicolor blenny - ( possible pair)
- royal gamma
- Flasher Wrasse
- yasha goby with pistol shrimp
- blue powder tang
- yellow tang
- mandarin dragonet ( pair - 6-9 months later)

and the important question is, if the above mentioned preventative medication procedure is good for the fish on the list?
Know that tangs are more sensetive then others. Not sure about the rest of the list.

thank you

HumbleFish
03/11/2013, 09:38 AM
IMO, Prazi/Cupramine is your best bet for the clowns, royal gramma, wrasse and tangs. I wouldn't mix the two though if you can help it. Generally, I do two rounds of Prazi first, followed by a month in Cupramine. But if you suspect Ich or Velvet, do the Cupramine first.

For some of the smaller fish you listed (especially the mandarins), I would substitute tank transfer in lieu of Cupramine. You'll still need to treat these fish with Prazi.

Roman120G
03/15/2013, 03:50 PM
thank you for your advice

hope to see a few more opinions.