PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

reefgeezer
03/11/2013, 09:21 PM
So how do you stick the ceramic frag plug in the rock when there are no holes left to fill? The coral I wish to add is well encrusted so I don't wanna break it off.

Palting
03/11/2013, 09:25 PM
You talking about no holes for the stem? Just break the stem off. Two sets of pliers, one to hold the disk, one to twist the stem.

aandfsoccr04
03/11/2013, 09:25 PM
Drill a hole into the rock where you want to put the plug. OR Cut the part that sticks out on the frag plug and just use the round disk to glue down so it's sitting flush on top of the rock.

squishifishi
03/11/2013, 09:30 PM
that's actually a really good question. i'm wondering the same thing not because i have no holes, but my tank is tiny/pico and those huge plugs sticking out or sitting around looks downright ugly! is there a way to safely get them off or something?

Palting
03/11/2013, 09:42 PM
that's actually a really good question. i'm wondering the same thing not because i have no holes, but my tank is tiny/pico and those huge plugs sticking out or sitting around looks downright ugly! is there a way to safely get them off or something?

Yours is actually a different question. If I understood him correctly, the OP has his coral well encrusted into the frag, and he didn't want to break it off the frag. You do, you want to take the coral completely off. Just take a utility knife and cut through the glue or even through the coral right along the surface of the plug.

mil hse
03/11/2013, 09:52 PM
Cut the "stem" of the plug off with coral cutters then super glue (gel) it down. Have done it hundreds of times. Works perfect and looks great.

reefgeezer
03/11/2013, 09:53 PM
You talking about no holes for the stem? Just break the stem off. Two sets of pliers, one to hold the disk, one to twist the stem.

Thank. I didn't think the plug would break. I'll give it a shot.

Drae
03/11/2013, 10:04 PM
No such thing as a stupid question. Stupid answers are common though ;)