PDA

View Full Version : Is she gunna make it doc?

QPWithCheeseQP
03/12/2013, 12:25 PM
Ive had this torch coral for about a month now and it has some weird kind of rim near the top of the skeleton. almost like the polyp is growing down the sides of it. i do not know if this is normal/a good/bad thing because it wasnt there when i bought it. below are some pics. it always opens fully and looks healthy i have just never seen that on lps before.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=7516&pictureid=50914

see how like right under the mouth of the polyp there is that kind of purple fleshy looking stuff?(sorry the image is sideways i took it from my phone)

anyway my tank params are good

11 or 12 dkh
calc at 480
ph 8.2
nitrates 10ppm
no phosphates
no ammonia
no nitrites

and its under 4x54w t5 about 12 inches down
no fish bite it and its only kinda closed cause i took the pic at night
did i forget anything?

MrClam
03/12/2013, 12:52 PM
I honestly cant tell from the picture but it sounds like you may be describing the normal base of the torch? Mine, when fully extended, has about a 1/2'' base of flesh between where the skeleton ends and the polyps seperate into individual tubes.

Hopefully someone else can be of more help because that is a beautiful color for a torch.

QPWithCheeseQP
03/12/2013, 01:02 PM
1/2 sounds about right too I think its just it normal growth around the skeleton because it was in pretty rough shape when I got it and now it seems to be really happy