PDA

View Full Version : Ago question

Rbei312
03/12/2013, 08:13 PM
I have a question regarding ato system. Would one of the solenoid valves from auto top off .com be safe to use between my ro/di reservoir and sump. I'm currently using a gravity feed system with a mechanical float valve. I want to fail safe it with the solenoid valve in front of the float valve and control it with my apex and a pair of float switches, one low and one high. What concerns me is auto top off states that their valve is stainless. Would that leach anything into the sump?

bnumair
03/12/2013, 08:42 PM
i am never a big advocate of direct unlimited supply of water to ur tank. if the arm/float fails which they do quite often and if the solenoid sticks open u have unlimited fresh water going to ur tank. atleast in a storage bin u have limited water.

Rbei312
03/13/2013, 05:52 AM
I understand that, that is what I'm trying to do. The valve will be off of my resevior, not my main r/o system. I've already had one minor mishap when the float stuck. Thats why I wanted to put the solenoid valve behind the float. Auto top off.com has a normally open valve. I would set it up with my apex to close when a high water level float switch was made and then also email me. I just wanted to know if the stainless valve would be safe to use for water going to the sump.