PDA

View Full Version : AI Director

Rector15
03/13/2013, 12:11 AM
Any of you holding out on going with Vegas until Director comes out? I'm considering Vegas for my tank, and love the idea of being to control wirelessly, but not sure if they are worth the wait. I'm also skeptical about the controller that looks like the first iPod - looks like a simple (but ugly) design.

rhinonm
03/14/2013, 12:26 PM
I have 3 vegas and use the current (new) controller. I originally bought the vegas because the Director was supposed to be out first of the year and I really wanted the control via a tablet. We now know that has been pushed back to summer (who knows if they will stick to that). We have also been teased with the custom pucks.

Bottom line is that I would have gone with another company that already has the product released and not play the waiting game.

Having said that I think the the current controller works just fine and the really like the vegas. Dont buy the product (vegas) now based upon the anticipated release of a supplemental product (power puck, director); I think you will just get dissapointed.

I get upset when a company releases a date and then backs off of it. Some of the customers made purchases based upon the prior information. It also really dilutes the value of any commitment they make in the future.

JP Reef
03/14/2013, 12:55 PM
Where did you see or hear the first of the year. The only thing I heard from the company was sometime in this year, and coming soon.

rhinonm
03/17/2013, 08:28 AM
Back in Nov, Dec I believe that's what they posted on their site. The pres of the company had a letter of new products on the main page.

Sasquatchluvin
03/17/2013, 09:43 AM
AI had a display at Reefstock in Denver March 2nd, and they said early summer $99.

Erock9er
04/29/2013, 09:27 PM
Still waiting. They have not released the beta yet, I wonder when it will be released.