PDA

View Full Version : Avast ATO to Apex breakout box issue

Dr_zilla
03/13/2013, 09:08 AM
So I am having trouble getting the pressure switch to change from open to closed or vice-versa on the apex through the BOB. I feel like I may have connected the wires wrong (I did them the same way a normal float switch worked and that registered on the apex fine). I can hear the little box connected to the pressure switch make a faint clicking sound when I blow or suck into the pressure gauge as per the instructions (I did not understand the exact instructions for connecting it about a red wire to a numbered pin and black to common pin) so I don't think it is the actual hardware from Avast. It is the old version of the BOB. Any advice?, I am pretty sure this is a connection problem and complete operator error. I am not home now and usually would just mess around with it until I get it to work but I figured I would get some advice now so I can try that when I get home. Thanks,

tj1627
03/13/2013, 09:14 AM
I did not understand the exact instructions for connecting it about a red wire to a numbered pin and black to common pin

I don't own the avast ATO, but I do have an apex w/ breakout box.

The way the breakout box works is that all switches you connect (Avast ATO box, float switch, water on floor sensor, etc) have 1 wire connected to a numbered pin (any of the 6 right pins in the pic below), and their other wire connected to the common pin (the ground pin on the left).

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_vVLe6Fyepag/TZyyKANJOMI/AAAAAAAABTw/GoZPPG2ssX4/s800/IMG_0738.JPG

So in essence, if you had 6 float switches, you would connect 1 wire from each to pins 1 - 6, respectively. You would connect the 2nd wire from each into the ground. So Pins 1-6 each have 1 wire connected, but the ground pin has 6 wires connected.

HTH

-Tim

Dr_zilla
03/13/2013, 11:02 AM
OK, so my BOB doesn't look like that. It has + and - plus a numbered screw for each number. (the + and - both have a metal connector on them and the other is just a screw in plastic). I will take a picture when I get home.

scuzy
03/13/2013, 11:17 AM
I assume the - will go into the cng and the + goes into one of the number ports on breakout box

Dr_zilla
03/13/2013, 03:16 PM
Ok, Wow, I'm an idiot. I was only looking at the dashboard and the time for the switch ID to switch from closed to open is not instant, I was really out of it last night when I hooked it up and was expecting it to work immeadiately, which it would have had I connected something in the outlet to test it. When I got home I put a light on the outlight I want this switch to control and it works flawlessly... sigh. Thanks for the help anyway guys. :)