PDA

View Full Version : 150 gallon fowlr fish list

Angelfish rule
03/14/2013, 04:14 PM
I was wondering if these fish would work in a 150 gallon aquarium.
Pair of percula clownfish
Lemon peel angelfish
Dogface puffer
Papuan Toby
Longnose hawkfish
Pair of leopard wrasses
Red head Solon fairy wrasse
Excuisite fairy wrasse
Lieutenant tang
Sailfin tang
Powder blue tang
Niger trigger
Again this is for a 150 gallon aquarium.

rssjsb
03/14/2013, 08:24 PM
I would skip the trigger. They can be a problem when grown, especially for your smaller fish.

I think someone can probably give you guidance about keeping those tangs in a 5-foot tank. It seems like a lot, but I don't keep any tang other than a kole, so can't really offer an informed opinion.

shaka
03/14/2013, 08:38 PM
I've kept a Powder Blue Tang in a 140 gallon ( 60"x 24"x 22" ) for years. I eventually sold him because he became very aggressive. He was a beautiful fish though.

I also kept a Desjardinii Sailfin Tang in the same tank for years as well. He too became aggressive and BIG.

I think you might want to pass on those tangs as well as the trigger if you want to keep the wrasses. Mixing aggressive species with smaller more peaceful fish might lead to problems. If you go with the tangs and trigger just consider that you might be selling them or upgrading the tank in a couple of years.

My Sailfin Tang grew the fastest.

RayL
03/14/2013, 08:42 PM
If its a 6 foot length tank you should be okay with the sailfin tang and powder blue tang, I would skip the lieutenant tang as he would probably be too big for this tank.
I would also recommend you add the sailfin fist or at the same time as PBT and make sure the sailfin is larger than the PBT.

Mrscribbled
03/15/2013, 10:34 AM
Drop the puffer and the Lieutenant tang, I'd just let the Pbt rule as the only surgeon fish personally though.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android