PDA

View Full Version : Polysiphonia doty

sbymarti
03/15/2013, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, but now I come with a question .... I apologize if I do something wrong with my English, but I hope to improve over time thanks to the attendance of the forum ..... I'm going immediately to the problem .... But first I give you a little explanation .... It 's about a year that I fight with a purple seaweed, which if I remember correctly should be called "Polysiphonia doty" .... I proceeded to suck it, to limit changes, not feed the corals. I entered urchins and snails (turbo mexican), who unfortunately died within two months as soon as they tasted ..... (evidently was also toxic).
Forum on aquarium Italians there are not many news about it, some say it does not like the kh up and slowly should regress growth, which I proceeded to do, but so far I have not gotten the results .... the problem is becoming serious because it also happens that the current generated by the pumps of the movement, rips a few clumps that by settling in the coral branches it can cause choking .....
Here's the question, some of you have had experience with this type of algae? You solved it? and how?
Thanks in advance for your help I want to give
I enclose a picture of my aquarium ....

sbymarti
03/17/2013, 03:12 PM
no one has had experience with this type of algae?
I guess then you will have to start ..........