PDA

View Full Version : Ever get in the reef doldrums and you know you just got to take one day at a time?

cherubfish pair
03/18/2013, 10:12 PM
During these times how do you all take one day at a time?

worm5406
03/18/2013, 10:20 PM
Sit back and look at it. Think... If I do this... It will CRASH.... SO... Lets wait until tomorrow.

Basically procrastinate.

Then I sit back and read the forums (about 2-3 of them) and look for ideas and items that I want to investigate.

Then I look at my tank and say if I add ____ it will crash... so Lets wait until tomorrow... HAHAHAHA...

cherubfish pair
04/06/2013, 11:46 AM
It's just one of those cases where you know where you want to be but don't know how to get there.

saf1
04/06/2013, 11:53 AM
Bottle of Green Spot Whiskey...

Oh, ignore that. Has with life in general reefs are no different. You can always do as noted above. Read some, look at your tank some, see what may be possible to change down the road. If you have some gadgets that help with the tank, you could always poke around those.

I am at a point whereas I need to keep my hands out of the tank and let mother nature take over. Things are there, but need time to grow. As they grow I will need to possibly move some things around. But for now, I'll fire up a Reef Angel sketch and play with the power head wave maker settings, or PWM for the LED's.

Currently messing around with a storm routine. It really isn't something that I think I'll keep but it has a "cool" factor that, well, doesn't do anything other than keep me busy I guess...

cherubfish pair
04/06/2013, 12:45 PM
Problem here is I start the planning stages on the next system to build before I finish the current system. That's the gist of the addictive side for me and for that reason my family will only let me have one system at a time. :(

saf1
04/06/2013, 01:24 PM
I don't think that is all uncommon with hobbies in general. There is a thread by someone in the DIY section who build a large reef but tearing it down now and trying planted tanks. It happens. In that same forum there was another person talking about doing the same but staying in salt but starting over.

I go back and visit Paul's 35 year thread and see that I just need to let things be and go the course. Funny how one of our former presidents said "stay the course".... Ironic but too true.