PDA

View Full Version : 400g display Cleanup crew

ShipWreck2
03/19/2013, 10:52 AM
So ready to get the cleanup crew for my 400g display and 100 g sump. Have about 400lb of live rock split between the two. I want to buy a large portion of the cleaners at once as the LFS will give me a better deal.

Thinking nerite, certith, trocus, margarites and nassurius snails. Now my question is how many of each? Should I remove some type or add a type to my list?

In addition I plan to add a couple brittle stars and a conch or two.

username in use
03/19/2013, 11:02 AM
1 really ambitious Turbo should do it :lol:

I would throw in a bunch of blue legged hermits to the mix.

I never liked nerites as the spend more time at the water line and crawling down the outside of my tank then in there doing work.

Its tough to give you a number. I would start with maybe 1/2-3/4 of what you think you may need in terms of numbers and then watch the system over the next month or two and see how they are doing and what they aren't doing, then adjust from there.

biecacka
03/19/2013, 11:32 AM
Check out reefcleaners. They have a spread sheet with various tank sizes on it and the recommended CUC
It's a good start
Corey

Mr.Tan
03/19/2013, 01:08 PM
avoid the blue leg crabs if you want to have any snails. Mine all ripped snails out of the shells even if they didnt want to use the shell.

crabs honestly never made much of a difference in my tank, were just something to look at IMO.

sirreal63
03/19/2013, 02:25 PM
I'll second http://www.reefcleaners.org/ John is great to work with.
I would skip any crabs, they aren't really needed. Conch's are great, lots of Nassarius, limpets, chitons, and a wide variety of snails and shrimp. I have been crab free since 2007 and my tank does not miss them and my snails are not assassinated by crabs.

AndysReef
03/19/2013, 03:29 PM
Check out reefcleaners. They have a spread sheet with various tank sizes on it and the recommended CUC
It's a good start
Corey

+10000000 on reefcleaners!!!