PDA

View Full Version : How to get the clearest water possible (kinda off topic)

mnestroy
03/20/2013, 04:56 PM
Hello,

How do I get the cleariest water possible?? (Fresh Water)

First the OT Part -

I am making centerpieces for my wedding and they consist of a tall glass cylinder filled with water and a flower inside with an led illumniating the flower/water.

I will be bringing the water to the venue in clean milk jugs.

On Topic Part -

I have an Air Water Ice RO/DI, Ozone Generator and Carbon...

Is it safe to assume that water with zero TDS from my RO/DI is the purest/clearest water possible??

Or is that not always true?? Should I run the water thru carbon or ozone, boil? I know in a fish tank carbon/ozen help to remove yellowness etc.. but I'm not sure if that would apply to fresh 0 TDS water.

(yes I know i'm overthinking this, but with the glass being round and lights, clear water vs tap water makes a major difference in appearance hehe)

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

mikecc67548
03/20/2013, 05:04 PM
If you was going to boil it, double boil it. Boil. Let cool a bit. boil again. This will give you crystal clear ice, by the way. (If you freeze it)

bertoni
03/20/2013, 05:09 PM
RO/DI should be about as clear as anything you're going to get. I am not sure why boiling would improve the clarity.

foundnemo11
03/20/2013, 05:23 PM
Boiling does work. Did it for crystal clear ce cubes once when I was bored.mi think boiled rodi would be about as clear as glass

AFU
03/20/2013, 06:35 PM
I think you would be fine wih just ro/di but maybe do the boil trick just for fun or maybe do a test and post results after! Ro/di vs. boiled ro/di ;) cheers

InADream
03/20/2013, 08:17 PM
First Off Congrats on the wedding...

When I got married we paid a florist to setup all the centerpieces and flowers. They used distilled water for the vases and the water was perfect. RO/DI should be fine right out of the filter..

Good Luck,

accordsirh22
03/20/2013, 08:48 PM
*shrug my ro/di water is already crystal clear

mnestroy
03/20/2013, 09:13 PM
k thanks!

Yah I kinda figured DI water with 0 TSD should be pretty darn pure, but I wasn't sure...

I guess I can do an experiment and boil it :)

bnumair
03/20/2013, 09:21 PM
i have 0 tds water and i run carbon and now with vodka dosing i have the most crystal clear water i can think of.

mikecc67548
03/20/2013, 10:04 PM
Srsly? What u want? clear water for vases on tables? tap water a little murky? go buy a couple of gallon jugs of water down at local quickie mart. Dont boil except for water purification emergencies and clear ice and mac and cheese. milk jugs do jack for water clarity.

bertoni
03/21/2013, 10:01 AM
Boiling water can remove some contaminants, but nothing much is going to get past the RO/DI, so I don't think it's worth the effort. You could try it, though.

mnestroy
03/21/2013, 10:23 AM
Srsly? What u want? clear water for vases on tables? tap water a little murky? go buy a couple of gallon jugs of water down at local quickie mart. Dont boil except for water purification emergencies and clear ice and mac and cheese. milk jugs do jack for water clarity.

You mis understood me.

I have an Air Water Ice RO/DI unit that can produce 0 TDS DI Water, I also have access to Carbon/Ozone.

The milk jugs are going to be filled with the "clean water" and used to transport the water easily to the venue and then emptied into the glass vases that hold the flower/led. I have larger bottles but I am having a female family member set these up and I didnt tink a 10 gallon jug of water would be easy to handle for her and water would be spilled everywhere, so the 2gallon milk jugs work well as 1 jug fills 1 vase pretty much...